Tuesday, December 20, 2011

MOVIE REVIEW: The Muppets

So, I have to admit, I absolutely love the muppets! They have always made me laugh ever since I was a kid. I think that these characters are absolutely hilarious. That's why I was so excited when I saw that they were making a new muppet movie! And guess what?  It was EVERYTHING THAT I HAD HOPED FOR!!!

The synopsis of the movie is about two brothers, Gary (Jason Segel) and Walter, who falls in love with the Muppets and The Muppet Show. As they grow older, Gary invites Walter to LA with him and his girlfriend (Amy Adams). When they get to LA, Walter's only ambition is to see the Muppet Studio. When he gets there, it's completely run down. When he stumbles into Kermit's old office, he overhears an oil tycoon's plan to tear down the studio because its over an oil well. When he hears this, he goes to find Kermit to warn him. When he meets Kermit, he tells him everything he heard. They then decide to go and get the gang back together to try and raise $10 million to keep the theatre alive with a show. Come to find out, they are not famous anymore. So putting the show on and raising enough money seems a lot harder than they thought. It's full of a whole bunch of amazing celebrity cameos, including Alan Arkin, NPH, Selena Gomez, The chick from I Love You, Man, Whoopie Goldberg, and many more.

In my opinion, it was the perfect movie. I think this may have been the best movie that I have seen all year. It was perfect! The greatest part about the movie was that it had all of the same old jokes that we all know and love mixed with a modern atmosphere. They managed to come up with an interesting plot that keeps the audience interested. It wasn't a script that was unoriginal or boring. If they tried to do do something that was similar to all of the other movies made before, then it wouldn't have been as great as it was.

Also... RAINBOW CONNECTION!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!



Since this is a movie review, I have to point out at least 1 dissappointing part. If I have to, I would have to say that the only thing that it was missing was Rizzo the Rat. Rizzo has become a serious part of the Muppet cast and crew. In a few of the more recent Muppet movies, he has played a pretty big role in them. He has a lot of great lines in these movies too. In this new Muppets movie, he was almost non-existant. I have to say, I did miss Rizzo in this movie. I wish they had more with him.



All-in-all, The Muppets is an instant classic. I think that this movie was brilliant and perfect in every way! There's probably only a few more weeks of this movie being in theatres, and I STRONGLY suggest that everyone goes and sees it, especially if you love the Muppets.

No comments:

Post a Comment