Friday, December 16, 2011

Top 10 Favorite Christmas Movies

So, even though I really can't stand Christmas music, I do love Christmas movies! There are Christmas movies that are pretty ridiculous, but for the most part, they are all pretty good, especially the older ones. There aren't many newer movies that are quality movies, such as Christmas with the Kranks or Deck the Halls. The older ones are pretty, for lack of a better term, magical.

So, here is the list of my top 10 favorite. Starting from the best:

1.) It's A Wonderful Life



This movie is not only a Christmas classic, but it is also one of the most inspirational movies of all time. George Bailey is the type of character that I constantly compare myself to and sort of strive to be. He always put everything and everyone in front of his own life, and often times not by choice. Throughout the whole movie, you really feel bad for him. He never was able to get away from the small town called Bedford Falls. He never got to do his own thing. When his life seemed down and out, and all he wanted to do was leave this life, he was given the gift of seeing what life would be like in his town if he was never born. You realize that even though he never got to do his own thing in life, his impact in the world was a success, and that, "NO man is a failure who has friends."

2.) A Christmas Story



YOU'LL SHOOT YOUR EYE OUT! Yes, that classic film about a kid and the one gift he wanted for Christmas, the Red Rider BB Gun. Everyone remembers that one gift they always wanted for Christmas. Mine was a football... which was the butt of the joke in this movie. I have to say, I think my favorite character in the film is actually the father, played by late actor Darren McGavin. "SONS OF BITCHES! BUMPUSEEEES!!" I love this movie, and will always watch the 24 hour reruns on Christmas day.

3.) A Christmas Carol



As an actor, I have always wanted to play the role of Ebenezer Scrooge, that cold, heartless old man who needs to try to find the true meaning of Christmas, or he will die cold and alone and live the rest of his eternal life in shackles and chains and tortured to walk the earth for eternity. It is a classic story that has been done with many different styles and actors, even with the Muppets. I have to say I like the 1984 version the best, starring George C. Scott as Ebenezer Scrooge. Although, I think the Muppets come in a really close second.

4.) National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation



I think that I like this installment of the Vacation series is probably my favorite of all of them. Everyone loves the crazy, wacky Griswald family, but when the in-laws come for the holidays, the craziness multiplies! This movie has become a holiday favorite in my household. Everyone says that there are a lot of similarities between this family and my family. It's an instant classic.

5.) Elf



Now, I know I said that I don't really like modern Christmas movies, but I think Will Ferrell's hilarious movie is definitely an exception. I think that Will Ferrell is one of the funniest people I have ever seen. That's that!

6.) Prancer



This is one of those not-so-well-known Christmas movies that my dad taped for me when I was a kid. I have watched this movie every year since I was a kid. It's the story of a little girl who befriends a wounded reindeer. She thinks that this wounded reindeer is Prancer, one of Santa's 8 reindeer. Everyone in the town thinks that she is crazy, but she still believes in him, and so he believes in her. If you haven't seen it, I strongly suggest that you do.

7.) Ernest Saves Christmas



Sure, make fun of me if you want, but I really get a kick out of Ernest P. Warrel. Everyone else says that their favorite one of the Ernest movies is actually Ernest Scared Stupid, but my favorite is Ernest Saves Christmas.

8.) Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer



This is a real classic. They play this every year on CBS, and I always need to watch this movie every year. Of all the stupid puppet movies that they have made, this one is probably the best one. It has been a classic in my household ever since I was a little kid, and I can never go a Christmas without seeing it.

9.) Santa Claus: The Movie



No, not The Santa Clause with Tim Allen. This movie stars Dudley Moore and John Lithgow. This is such a great movie. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. In the movie, John Lithgow plays the CEO of a major toy corporation. I actually based my first role of J.B. Biggley in How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying off of this character.

10.) Die Hard



OHHHH YEEEEEEEAAAAAH! YIPPIE KAY-YEY, MOTHER FUCKER!!


So this is the list. Let me know what you think. either facebook comment, comment on the blog itself, or do something with the twitter post. I don't know. Retweet it, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment