Thursday, December 22, 2011

Tim Tebow: Why I Can't Stand Him




For all of you who don't know who Tim Tebow is (I doubt that you haven't), he is the starting quarterback for the Denver Broncos. He was also a Heisman trophy winner at the University of Florida. Not only is he well known for his luck on the football field (which was ended by the New England Patriots), but also for his strong Christian beliefs. He has become a nationwide phenomenon. His signature move of taking a knee and praying has become a term in the dictionary called "Tebowing."

Well, I'm sorry, but I can not stand it! I'm not putting down his religious beliefs or any of that. I'm a Christian too. I believe the same things that he does. And I am not denying the fact that he is a great athlete. I think that he has tremendous atheticism. I just hate the fact that he is a quarterback.

Has anyone ever seen the guy try and throw the ball. As I was watching the game against my team, the New England Patriots, I don't think that he threw one tight spiral. Actually, if I remember correctly, I think he threw a few that went end over end, like a kickoff. I'm sorry, but if you can't throw the ball, then you SHOULDN'T BE A QUARTERBACK (Are you listening, Coach Barry?)! I would not be as hating of him if he played another position. If they threw him in as a running back or a tight end, he would be okay in my book. Just NOT AT QUARTERBACK!

Another thing that bugs me about him is that devout Christians think of him as some sort of savior. I work at Christian Book Distributors, and we sell Tebow's biography Through My Eyes. It is a very popular book for customers to order, and every time some crazy Christian orders it, they always have to mention how great they think Tim Tebow is. They treat him like he is Jesus Christ.



 Well, I hate to break it to you crazy Christians, but he is not a savior. He is just a kid who plays football. THAT'S IT!

Another thing that bothers me is that they have given his praying before and after games a new name. They call it "Tebowing." They don't realize that this move already has a name. It's called genuflecting! That's all I have to say about that!

Other than those things, I think that he is great guy. I just can't stand how crazy everyone is getting over this guy. I don't think that there is anything special about him at all.




3 comments:

  1. Okay, so I see the real problem with Tebow as being that some people don't accept what he is, and have decided he is going to become great.

    Here are Tebow's score totals for all of his career starts:
    2010: 23,24,28
    2011: 18,10,38,17,17,16,35,13,23

    So in his 12 starts, he has scored 20 points only 6 times. There are two things that make the broncos decent: John Fox's stubbornness and the defense's acceptableness. Fox runs a crazy amount, because he know's tebow can't throw, and takes all field goal opportunities that are presented because he can't trust tebow to pick up a 4th down. The defense isn't good as everyone keeps saying it is, but because Fox runs so much it doesn't have to be on the field very often and because the defense isn't lousy they can stop the defense half the time, and poof under 20 points allowed. So Tebow is only expected to score like 17 points to contend for a win. The reason he keeps getting the fourth quarter comebacks is that he can't score in the rest of the game and then has to dig his team out of a hole late. What people aren't saying is that Tebow is the reason they're in a hole in the first place. When he runs into a team with a strong offense, like the Pats, all the sudden it goes from the defense being able to stop the opponent half the time to allowing 40 points, and then Tebow doesn't stand a chance. Denver will probably win their division and be stuck with Tebow, but look for a first round playoff loss and a 6-10 team next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with you! People want him to be the next John Elway of the Denver Broncos, so they hype him up to be some hero of the NFL. The truth of the matter is that he doesn't have the proper skills to be the next John Elway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tebow is much better at manipulating his adoring worshippers and making millions off of them than he is at being an NFL quarterback. Thank God Peyton Manning is now the Broncos QB and the whole Tebow sideshow has been shipped to the NY Jets.

    ReplyDelete