Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Ahab's Adventures!

So, a couple years ago, I was asked to be in a movie, and the project was titled, "Captain Ahab." When I went to the film shoot at the Freight Yard Pub in North Adams, I was introduced to Captain Ahab. That's when I found out that Captain Ahab was a little wooden statue of a fisherman. When the first Captain Ahab short film came out, I immediately became hooked. So much so that I signed up to do the next film as well. That's when I got better acquainted with the founder of Captain Ahab, Geeg Wiles. He told me all about how he came across this wonderful wooden man. The statue used to be trapped in someone's front yard. When Geeg and his friends saw this man, they had to have him. So they took him. I'm not quite sure I'm supposed to say that, but I don't think it matters. He has turned this man into a national (and international, I think) figure. He started taking photos of him in different places, then to videos, and then he created a website. From that website, he has built a company. He sells Captain Ahab t-shirts and other paraphenalia (I think that's how it's spelled).

Anyway, if you would like to see more of Captain Ahab, then visit the website. It's known as Ahab's Adventures. There you will have plenty of fun little things to look at concerning Captain Ahab. Here is the second video that I was in. It was supposed to be used as a "turn off you cell phones" video for a local movie theatre, but they said that the video was too long. Here's the video:


I'm sure that Geeg won't mind that I spread the word a little more. The more publicity, the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment