Friday, September 21, 2012

Movies To Keep An Eye Out For

As an avid movie-goer, I am always keeping an eye out for the next big movie. Some movie previews I see do not look very promising. They might end up being entertaining, but nothing is going to come from the movie. Then, there are movie previews that I see where I think, "WOW! This movie might get nominated for an Academy Award!"

Sometimes, the best movies I have seen go unnoticed. Then, the next thing you know, the movie wins the Academy Award for Best Picture! And I'm like, "DAMN IT! I NEED TO SEE THIS MOVIE!"

So, here's just a few movies that I have already seen the previews for that I think are going to be taken seriously at the Oscars. Of course, there are going to be the obvious ones that come and are going to be incredibly advertised. These are just the ones that I think are going to be under advertised:


  • THE MASTER

I am not really sure what this movie is about. That is usually a good sign. It just looks like it is extremely well acted and one of those really strong movies. I think that it might already be in theaters, or select theaters. It stars Philip Seymour Hoffman, Joaquin Phoenix, and Amy Adams. This will probably be nominated for a shit load of Academy Awards. 

  • LINCOLN

Pretty obvious what this movie is about. It's Daniel Day-Lewis playing Abraham Lincoln and being directed by Steven Spielberg. It is also star-studded with Tommy Lee Jones, Sally Field, and even Joseph Gordon-Levitt. I am extremely excited for this movie to come out.

  • WON'T BACK DOWN

I'm not entirely excited for this movie, mostly because I am not a huge Maggie Gyllenhaal fan. I do like Viola Davis, though. I think that this movie might be like one of those Precious type of movies that ends up being an extremely emotional roller coaster.

  • THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER

Again, this is not one of those movies that I am extremely excited for, but it looks like it has one of those Juno vibes. I think that the directors of Juno also directed this movie too. I saw a preview for it. It probably won't get nominated for Best Picture, but it might have some acting nominations.


  • ARGO

Now, I don't like to give Ben Affleck any credit, because he is one of my least favorite actors of all time (possible blog post?), but this movie is looks pretty impressive. It's based off of a classified true story (whatever it is), and I think it may be one of those movies that the Academy will nominate the shit out of!

________

Anyways, these movies are coming out pretty soon. keep an eye out for them when they come down the pipe. HAPPY HUNTING!

No comments:

Post a Comment