Wednesday, September 28, 2011

T.V. SHOW REVIEW: Terra Nova

So, I don't really watch a lot of television. The most I watch is reruns. It is very rare that I watch television live on the night that the shows air. But, when I saw that there was going to be a show with dinosaurs, I knew right away that I needed to see this show.

I'm going to be honest. I didn't see the first 40 minutes of the show. But from what I could pick up, the year was 2142 on planet earth, and the world is slowly deteriorating. There was a project labeled Terra Nova which was a way to start over and keep humanity alive. The project: create a human civilization billions of years in the past; the time when DINOSAURS ruled the earth.

The show follows this family, where the father has not been there. They want to start over in Terra Nova. When they get there, one of the first things that they are greeted with is a brontasaurus pack eating the plants just outside the gates. They are just overwhelmed with how great this place is.

You soon learn that along with watching out for this new dinosaur they call, "slashers," they have to fight off a group of people who are known as sixers. They are people who broke away from Terra Nova to make their own civilization. These people are the bad guys (or so we think now).

All-in-all, the show seems like a really cool concept. One of the problems that I had with the show is that everything seems to be a little too predictable. As I was watching, I could tell the outcome and plot of every single character. That shouldn't happen on the very first episode. Another problem that I had with the show is that the acting is very basic. The actors are a bunch of nobodies. Not that that is bad, but in this case, it definitely doesn't help. I won't say that the acting is bad, but if they want this show to last, they really need to work on it.

If I was going to give a number rating for the show, I would definitely give the show about a 7 out of 10, based on the first episode. I will definitely give this show a chance, mainly because there are DINOSAURS IN THE SHOW! You can't go wrong with dinosaurs in your show! As long as the dinosaurs are more of a main focus for the show. I mean, I don't know why, but I kind of was expecting the next LOST. I really shouldn't have done that.

The show airs on Mondays at either 8 p.m. or 9 p.m., whichever direction that they decide to go.

If you saw the show, please comment on this blog. I have also added a new rating system on my blog page. I would love for you to rate this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment