Thursday, September 8, 2011

People Who Read Books Ruin Movies

I have always said that people who read books ruin movies. let me tell you what I mean. Have you ever come out of a movie really excited because YOU thought it was a really awesome movie. There is no greater feeling in the world after watching a great movie. Then all of a sudden, some little bastard (or bitch) comes out right behind you and says, "well it was really good, but it wasn't as good as the book." RRRGGH! You just get so pissed off! You want to just turn around and slug the kid right in the face, but he's talking on his cell phone. I HATE THAT!

Now, this might make me sound like an idiot. I am not saying that you should stop reading books. That would be awful. There is something you get out of reading books. I don't really enjoy reading. It frustrates the hell out of me when I read. I can never comprehend something after reading it once. I have to reread it over and over again. That's why it takes me forever to read a book. Then when I talk to my friends, they tell me all about how they read a book in like 3 or 4 days. I take like 3 or 4 months with some books. I get pissed off. So I stopped reading books.

What I am talking about is the fact that when people go to see a movie that was based off of a book, they expect that everything is going to be in the movie. They get so angry because a lot of it has been cut. They don't seem to understand that it is a movie. Along with filming a movie, they have to worry about keeping it in a time frame. So they have to cut all of the boring narration and stuff that is in the book. You should expect that. Don't go into that movie expecting that everything is going to be in it, because obviously, you will be very dissapointed. You have to know that they do the best that they can to try and please their crowds. This is one of the main reasons why the Harry Potter series has been sort of turned off for me. Every one of the movies that I have gone to see has ended with people walking out of it talking about what they left out of the movie and how they were upset that they didn't put this part in or that part in. You can't just admit that the movie was actually really good? You can't just be happy? I think that is the problem with not only movie goers, but Americans in general. No one is ever satisfied with anything. With movies, politics, religion, food... the list goes on.

I am not trying to convince you to stop reading books. I am just trying to tell you that you shouldn't be so upset when a movie leaves stuff out. If it makes you feel better, they probably did film that one part that you are so angry they didn't put in. We're sorry, but there was nothing they could do about your little scene.

(Badlands Barry) (RealMikeBarry) (Michael Barry

No comments:

Post a Comment